Preferred file formats
Our preferred format is stl file
Since all our RP machines use stl files as the format of choice for building prototypes, and our quotation package has been tailored to extract key information direct from stl files, our preferred format is therefore stl files.
To give a balanced compromise between surface smoothness and file size, the following tolerance settings are advised.
file format: Binary • Chord Height: 0.01mm • Angular Tolerance: 1 degree
Enquiries that are received with stl files will be quoted quicker than those with other formats.
Native File Formats also accepted …
MNL have a variety of Cad packages and Data Translators. We can accept the following formats..
- Preferred Format STL files (*.stl)
- ACIS files (*.sat, *.sab)
- AutoCAD files (*.dwg, *.dxf)
- Catia V4 files (*.model)
- Catia V5 files (*.CATPart, *.CATProduct)
- IGES files (*.igs, *.iges)
- Inventor files (*.ipt, *.iam)
- NX files (*.prt)
- Parasolid files (*.x_t, *.x_b)
- Pro/E files (*.prt, *.asm)
- Rhino files (*.3dm)
- SolidEdge files (*.par, *.asm)
- SolidWorks files (*.sldprt, *.sldasm)
- SpaceClaim files (*.scdoc)
- STEP files (*.stp, *.step)
- VDA files (*.vda)
- VX Vision files (*.VX)