Vacuum Casting Services
We can replicate components, often used in the prototype phase of product development. Strong, durable polyurethane (PU) resin components can be produced from silicone tools.
Prototype Vacuum Casting
Low Volume Vacuum Casting in more detail …
- “Parts can be produced in a wide array of materials to simulate most engineering plastics”
- Masters from any source or 3D printing technology are used to produce silicon tools from which castings can be produced in a wide array of materials to simulate most engineering plastics.
- We can produce Polyurethane (PU) castings in the following material simulants or properties: ABS, Polypropylene, Nylon, Glass-filled Nylon, Polycarbonate, TPE, Hytrel, HDPE, etc. Temperature-specific materials, flexible materials with A Shore ratings as low as 30A up to 90A and D Shore ratings also.
- In general MNL’s silicone tools are guaranteed to produce a minimum of 30 castings per cavity¥
- Elastomeric resins yield many more components and up to 50 castings per cavity are possible.
- Tools are available in multi-cavity versions in order to produce larger quantities quicker and more economically.
- Metal inserts are used to hold tight tolerances in bores and critical areas.
Vac Casting & Over Moulding
Overmoulding stands as an intricate process, wherein a secondary layer of material seamlessly integrates with an existing substrate within the realm of vacuum casting. The outcome is nothing short of remarkable — an amalgamation of materials that not only augments functionality, durability, and aesthetic appeal but also proves to be a game-changer in the new product development cycle. This technique provides unparalleled design versatility.
In the realm of prototyping, over-moulding within vacuum casting emerges as a powerful tool, enabling the creation of intricately detailed parts with varying material properties. This, in turn, facilitates the development of prototypes that serve as accurate representations of the final product. The ability to merge different materials seamlessly opens avenues for innovative design solutions, enhancing the overall product development process.
Moreover, the application shines particularly bright in low-volume manufacturing scenarios. It offers a cost-effective solution tailored for the production of small batches of high-quality components. This capability is instrumental for industries and projects where limited production runs are the norm, providing an efficient and economical approach to manufacturing.
Within our state-of-the-art facilities, we have positioned ourselves to elevate your projects with precision and efficiency. The integration of over-moulding is not merely a process; it is a commitment to delivering superior results and pushing the boundaries of design possibilities.
Looking to Produce Multiple Parts?
We can produce anything from one to thousands
The Low-Volume Vacuum Casting Process
Typical applications are endless …
- Extensive product testing is achievable on multiple sets for parallel tests.
- Quick turnaround, 20 sets available within approx 2 weeks.
- Can be cheaper than 3D printing, the break-even point is approx 4-5 sets.
- Vacuum-cast components are frequently used as market research models as they are often impossible to tell the difference between them and the production items.
- Production bridge – vacuum castings can bridge the gap whilst sales are ramping up to full production..
- Low-Volume Production – PU resin components from either low-volume vacuum casting or RIM processes offer excellent strength and durability suitable for the production of low volumes.