SLA 3D Printing Service
Malcolm Nicholls Ltd have over 50 years as a rapid prototyping and 3D printing service we are home to two of the UK’s largest 3D Printers offering large frame 3D printing or even low volume production with bigger 3d printing capacity we can deliver your parts in days
We have two of the largest 3D Printers in the UK
Home to one of the largest 3D printers in the UK our Neo 800 has an impressive 800 x 800 x 600m build capacity. Whereas most other stereolithography companies with SLA 3D Printing machines previously would have required large parts to be built in sections, we now have the ability to build parts without the need for cutting meaning parts are built quicker, finishing is streamlined and is cost-effective.
What is SLA 3D Printing & Stereolithography?
Malcolm Nicholls Ltd 3D Printing, Low Volume Production and Rapid Prototyping experts
How does SLA 3D printing work?
Newly built parts are taken out of the SLA machine and taken into our processing room where solvents are used to remove any additional resins. The additional resin will all be removed so we can then remove any support structures manually. After the supports and all the resin has been removed the majority of parts will undergo a UV-curing cycle to fully solidify the outer surface of the part. If the part is a clear 3D printed part we will leave it to dry naturally.
The final step in the SLA 3D printing process is the application of any specified finishing touches such as metalising, painting, flocking or additional vinyls.
Why Choose to do your 3D printing via SLA?
Malcolm Nicholls Ltd 3D Printing, Low Volume Production and Rapid Prototyping experts, interested in how we can help you? Contact us
Large parts? Utilise an SLA printing service
Inside an SLA
What are the benefits of SLA 3D Printing?
- SLA has a high resolution.
- Large parts can be printed quickly.
- Virtually optically clear parts can be achieved *ask us about it
- 3D models can be sanded, painted, & tinted
- SLA rapid prototype can be made in a matter of hours
- Small intricate details can be showcased in your part
- Extremely durable material making it excellent for snap fits
- Ultra Hi-res mode utilises the lasers extremely small spot size of just 0.075mm
- Offers the best 3D surface finish for additional finishing
SLA 3D Printing Applications
- Master patterns for polyurethane castings
- Aesthetic & conceptual models
- Parts requiring crisp detail and accuracy
- Quickcast™ investment “wax” patterns
- Design evaluation models
- Clear Flow analysis models
- Water clear models including lenses and light-guides
- Masters for vacuum casting
- Mold shells for metal casting
- Functional assemblies
- Wind tunnel models
- Health items (dental, surgery, medicine, etc.)
Virtually optically clear SLA 3D printed parts?
Levels of Clarity
Being Clear About SLA Manufacturing
Not just used for lenses and lighting based components. See inside your assembly with a clear version of your housing. But how clear do you need it, or how much will it cost? An excellent illustration of examples and uses of making SLA parts in clear materials.
Want to know more about our SLA 3D printing service?
650mm Wide Size Bust on a Large SLA Printer
Wind Tunnel Model for High Speed Aerodynamic Testing
SLA Machine Sizes at MNL
Choose a method to get your prices
Online instant quote
Get in touch
Waterloo Industrial Estate, Waterloo Cres, Bidford-on-Avon, B50 4JH