SLS 3D Parts Printing
About Selective Laser Sintering
“Functional high-strength components – without the need for tooling”
Applications of SLS 3D Printing
- Nylon: Superior Finish Innov’PA 1550
- You can use/test your first off prototype without the fear of breakage.
- Acts like moulded components. Strong and durable.
- Excellent for fit and function. Ideal for clip features, hinges and snap-fit connections.
- Build more complex structures than SLA as no supports are required.
- High chemical resistance. High Temperature resistance.
- Durable patterns for sand casting.
- Superior surface, straight from machine, compared to … Duraform PA, GF, EX or EOS PA2200, or PA320
- For detailed material data sheet download here
- Investment Casting Wax alternative: Castform™ PS,
Using SLS to Produce a Unique Piece of Art
A short video looking at combining SLS and high quality finishing at MNL.
Benefits of SLS 3D Printing using PA’1550 nylon
- The best surface finish of any plastic SLS currently available.
- Not “furry” like many other SLS materials.
- SLS has a high resolution.
- Can be sanded and painted.
- Prototypes can be made in a matter of hours.
- Extremely durable material making it excellent for snap fits.
- MNL’s machines have a maximum build capacity 330 x 280 x 400mm.
- Offers the best surface finish for additional finishing.
Examples of Projects involving SLS 3D Printing
Explore many different projects where SLA 3D printing has played a part. Various projects from components used straight from the machine, through to fully finished exhibition quality models.