SLS 3D Parts Printing
About Selective Laser Sintering
The use of SLS 3D Printing allows MNL to automatically build functional parts, casting patterns and tooling inserts from your 3D CAD data. Malcolm Nicholls Limited (MNL’s) HiQ Sinterstation system,(SLS 3D Printing machine) representing the future of Instant manufacturing technology, directly produces end-use plastic or metal parts, tooling inserts, or casting patterns from your 3D CAD data files. Eliminate the need for machining, tooling, casting or other secondary processes — saving you time and money.
“Functional high-strength components – without the need for tooling”
Applications of SLS 3D Printing
- Nylon: Superior Finish Innov’PA 1550
- You can use/test your first off prototype without the fear of breakage.
- Acts like moulded components. Strong and durable.
- Excellent for fit and function. Ideal for clip features, hinges and snap-fit connections.
- Build more complex structures than SLA as no supports are required.
- High chemical resistance. High Temperature resistance.
- Durable patterns for sand casting.
- Superior surface, straight from machine, compared to … Duraform PA, GF, EX or EOS PA2200, or PA320
- For detailed material data sheet download here
- Investment Casting Wax alternative: Castform™ PS,
Using SLS to Produce a Unique Piece of Art
A short video looking at combining SLS and high quality finishing at MNL.
Benefits of SLS 3D Printing using PA’1550 nylon
- The best surface finish of any plastic SLS currently available.
- Not “furry” like many other SLS materials.
- SLS has a high resolution.
- Can be sanded and painted.
- Prototypes can be made in a matter of hours.
- Extremely durable material making it excellent for snap fits.
- MNL’s machines have a maximum build capacity 330 x 280 x 400mm.
- Offers the best surface finish for additional finishing.
Examples of Projects involving SLS 3D Printing
Explore many different projects where SLA 3D printing has played a part. Various projects from components used straight from the machine, through to fully finished exhibition quality models.