3D Printing Services
With over 50 years of expertise in prototyping we are incredibly proud of our reputation and heritage as a UK based 3D printing company, our 3D printing services can deliver your parts in a matter of days
On-demand 3D Printing Service
We will manufacture the best 3D-printed plastic parts using state of the art 3d printing systems. We have over 50 years of experience we can turn your 3D printing project around in days
Transparent 3D Printing
Transparent 3D Printing – The Possibilities
Imagine building a transparent full-size 3d printed automotive engine with the ability to see what’s going on internally for things such as clashing, interference fit and flow analysis reducing your development process … impressive!
Looking for Large Frame 3D Printing?
With the larger 3d printing build capacity we are able to produce large format 3d parts quickly and cost-effectively, you won’t need the extra cuts and fabrication needed when using smaller 3d printers.
Large volume of SLA parts?
With our low volume production methods we can get your 3D parts in a matter of hours or days. Renowned for our delivery times and prototype finishing, Malcolm Nicholls are the perfect 3D printing service partner for your large-volume 3D printing better still we don’t have a minimum order quantity so you can order a one off or thousands of parts and have them finished to your desired specification.
Do You Need Multiple 3D Printed Parts?
We can produce anything from 1 – 1000’s of parts, with our large capacity of 3D printing technologies, FDM, SLS, SLA and Vaccum Casting methods to name a few – let us be your 3D printing company
Looking for 3D print finishing?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 3D Printing?
An additive technology, this contrasts with traditional manufacturing techniques, such as milling, which involve removing materials to create a part.
How does 3D Printing Work
The process continues right through the extents of the part until all digital slices have been “printed” into the physical form.
What are the advantages of using 3D Printing?
- Reduce time to market: By using a 3d printing service, Models and prototypes of components can be produced in hours. Concepts can be tangible objects around a table instead of images on screen. Product development cycles can be vastly reduced due to the speed of 3D printing, compared to other traditional methods.
- Save money and reduce risk: 3D printing prototypes before costly injection mould tooling can lead to eradicating design errors which can lead to expensive tool mods or delays to product release. Many studies have shown that it pays to use a 3d printing service.
- Get valuable Market Research: 3D printing market research models yield valuable market perceptions about your product often months before production batches are ready. The market research that is gathered by using a professional 3d printing service, either gives you added confidence about your product or enables feedback to influence design changes before production tooling is finalised.
- Excellent communication tool: 3D Printed parts provide a perfect tangible product that offers no alternative to the design intent. it simply is-what-it-is, something that drawings, images or video cannot beat.
- Assembly trials: 3D print multiple components from an assembly and test the assembly procedure. Production lines can be streamlined and design improvements made from feedback from assembly line trials.
- Improve your packaging: with 3D printed parts available at the packaging design stage, greater design flare and/or improvements lead to better design presence in retails situations.
- Greater design freedom: with 3D printing services used as a low-volume manufacturing method, design constraints traditionally associated with mass production can be eradicated.
- Customise your parts: with 3D printing services used as a low-volume manufacturing method, niche markets utilise 3D printing for bespoke components including jewellery, dental, medical, art etc.
- Engage your imagination: 3D printing can make virtually any geometry you can imagine, the possibilities are endless …
What are the advantages of using a UK 3D PrintingService Provider?
How fast can I have a 3D Print?
We also offer a three tier costing system with turnaround times to suit different budgets and timeframes.
Are all 3D printers the same?
New 3D printers hit the news frequently. There are many different types especially at the lower, hobbyist end of the market. They are all layer based technologies but that is where the similarity ends.
Resin based systems are often the most accurate, with good surface finish. Plastic extrusion or filament based systems offer great material choice but can be limited with surface finish. Powder based systems offer a compromise of surface finish and accuracy.
Apart from the technology differences, 3D printers vary greatly in the size of the build envelopes available. Some are limited to very small areas (many less than 100mm cube) others offer systems above 500mm in all axes, whilst other bespoke systems venture into several metres in available size.
Build speeds are another crucial factor in 3D printers, and are often one of the major deciding factors when buying professional systems.
Other factors that also influence the “points to note” about 3D printers are: Accuracy, surface finish and material choice.
With such a variety of 3D printers available, it is for this reason that we have have technology consultants on hand to help you in getting the best out of 3D printing, whether you require a one-off product or a large 3D printing service.
Which 3D printing technologies do MNL provide?
Our technology consultants will give an unbiased opinion on the best process to use to match your application, as a long-standing 3d printing service provider we offer advice dependent upon the following:
- Speed of process
- Size of part
What do I need to supply to get a quote/3D Print?
For the ideal CAD format see here.
If CAD data does not exist, don’t worry we can cost to create it from your sketches, or we can arrange partners to laser scan existing parts.
How Much Will it Cost?
All projects are quoted in advance from CAD data supplied by customers.
MNL operate a three-tier costing system. The philosophy of the tiered costing system is thus:
Premium route, builds are organised by MNL so that customers can utilise an entire machine solely for their project. This means that parts are built in the shortest amount of time possible. In some cases multiple machines may be used to spread the load, reducing build time once again.
Standard route, builds are organised so that several jobs are built at once with a good balance of efficiency and speed.
Budget route, builds are organised by MNL so that machines are stacked out for maximum efficiency, these are longer builds however 30% off standard pricing in exchange for a few extra days is often strongly utilised.
What is CAD?
CAD is referred to as either the system that creates the data or the data itself, confusing I know!
For 3D Printing you need 3D CAD data. For the formats that MNL can take see here.
Can MNL do the 3D CAD?
The CAD department at MNL offer the following:
2D to 3D data conversion:
Our CAD department can convert “fag-packet” sketches or any 2D data into suitable data for 3D printing.
We can offer a basic design assistance service. We also have links with many designers and agencies for larger projects.
Can I have a print from a photo copier?
Looking for an instant quote?
Get in touch
Waterloo Industrial Estate, Waterloo Cres, Bidford-on-Avon, B50 4JH