The MNL Difference
Since 1971 Malcolm Nicholls Limited have been experts within Rapid Prototyping, 3D Printing, Model-Making and Low Volume Production.
We are proud to be a 3rd generation family business. Over the last 48 years we have grown to the business we are today without changing our philosophy on quality. MNL’s reputation for excellence is based upon a superb blend of high-tech 3D printing machines and materials, expert knowledge along with high quality traditional craftsmanship.
Leaders In Rapid Prototyping, 3D Printing, Model-Making & Low Volume Production
As the leaders in Rapid Prototyping, 3D Printing and we are not restricted by only one technology we can offer large format SLA, small intricate SLA, superior finish SLS, FDM, 3D colour printing and traditional model making. For low volume production via vacuum casting we have a huge choice of materials meaning we can closely match your production material choice with a suitable resin simulant.
MNL have always been a pioneer in the rapid prototyping industry not only have we been one of the UK’s first providers to offer Stereolithography (SLA) back in 1996 we also became the 1st in the UK to introduce a new SLS Nylon, which offers a superior surface finish and the look and feel closer to injection mouldings. Lead by our Managing Director Ross Nicholls, Ross continually seeks new and exciting technologies so we not only remain the leader in our industry but we offer our clients the best solution for their needs.
MNL have partnered with some of the UK’s most loved brands as well as SME’s a trusted business who prides themselves on building long lasting relationships with our customers.
With our simple three tier costing offering our clients flexibility, simplicity and a fast turn-around we continue to remain one of the market leaders in rapid prototyping.
Let MNL be your single source solution.
MNL Utilise All of the Main Plastic 3D Printing Technologies
Here you will find examples of their work categorised by specific 3D printing technologies:
Stereolithography (SLA 3D Printing) is the most widely used 3D Printing / rapid prototyping technology.
Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM 3D Printing) uses the same tried and tested thermoplastics found in traditional manufacturing processes
“We were blown away with the quality and detail. Thank you very much for your efforts I cannot speak highly enough of you”
Development Engineering Manager – UK B2B Business
- Best combination of price and quality
- MNL offer three tier costing –premium – standard- budget
- Enviable reputation throughout the prototyping industry
- Models available from concept through to production
- Not restricted by only one technology
- One of the oldest prototyping suppliers in the UK
- Vacuum casting since the 1970’s
- Take on complex projects many of their competitors have declined
- In house technology consultants
Simple Pricing for 3d printing
We pride ourselves on being transparent with our customers and providing the best possible service.
- Our builds will be organised so that your project is able to utilise an entire machine. This means that parts are built in the shortest amount of time possible. Depending on the size of your project, we may also use multiple machines to spread the load and reduce the build further.
- We will organise our builds so that several jobs are built at once with a good balance of efficiency and speed.
- Organised so that machines are stacked out for maximum efficiency, this means a longer build time. However, 30% off standard pricing in exchange for a few extra days is often strongly utilised.